A free shopping experience on the Peninsula takes a first look at some of the new season’s trends in fashion, homewares and design, while also supporting sustainability, small -scale enterprise, slow fashion and locally sourced goods. The event showcases the latest emerging creatives from the worlds of fashion, beauty, art, jewellery, design, homewares and food produce, writes Laura Burgoine…
Whether you’re into ethical skincare, hand-stitched womenswear, hand -crafted rings or one-of-a-kind pieces for your home Sample has it covered, with many designers offering exclusive prices ahead of the new season.
Highlights of some of the hottest of traders in fashion, design, homeware, skincare includes:
· Blend & Bloom – Kennington based bespoke flower designers whose blooms have been enjoyed by many celebrities.
· Elan Skincare – From her Greenwich studio, Joanna Silva creates award winning, ethical beauty products expertly formulated using the finest natural and organic active ingredients for beautiful skin with minimal environmental impact.
· Darkroom – a bold design brand, based in East London, celebrating the centenary of the Bauhaus movement with their Bauhaus alphabet pendant necklaces and edited items from their collection. They also have an assortment of planters.
· Genevieve Sweeney – contemporary British knitwear for women and men, plus accessories all made exclusively in the UK.
· Tracey Neuls – special offers on distinctive footwear collections for women and men.
· Far Afield – menswear. Global inspiration meets contemporary British design to provide high quality menswear.
· The Good Slice – For every slice of wood-fired pizza they sell, this company will provide a meal to someone in need. This year they have partnered with Glassdoor – London’s largest open-access support services network for men and women affected by homelessness.
· Pet Hates – Born out of a desire for some good old, sardonic British humour, London based comedy writer, Vanessa Ainsworth has created satirical, soft, squeaking dog toys featuring of some of the world’s most famous politicians.
As well as cutting edge design, SAMPLE Spring is a foodie heaven. Stock up your kitchen with exciting produce from local food makers or grab a tasty snack to fuel your shopping, with award-winning patisserie, small batch coffee and vegan junk food amongst the many foodie options. There’s also the opportunity to relax and unwind with reflexology and massages provided by Heilsa Therapies.
SAMPLE Spring is open from Saturday 2 March from 11am-7pm at Peninsula Square on Greenwich Peninsula. Nearest tube station North Greenwich.