A cafe in Streatham has opened every Wednesday afternoon from 2pm to 4pm offering over 65’s and their carers time to enjoy tea, cakes and social activities.
The Sunflower cafe is on the ground floor of Gracefields Health Centre off the high street at 2-8 Gracefield Gardens, SW16 2ST and is beiing run by Home Instead, a local home care company specialising in looking after people with dementia.
They told the Weekender: “As a member of the Lambeth Dementia Action Alliance it was apparent that the borough needed more social gatherings for over 65s.
“Activity groups for the elderly can be extremely enriching as they help in keeping the mind sharp, the body strong and spirits high.
“Getting involved in activities can greatly benefit the well-being of those over 65 and can help to reduce the risk of loneliness.
“Our trained staff run armchair exercise sessions, singing, Bingo, knitting, as well as providing tea and biscuits and a friendly welcoming atmosphere, and it’s all free of charge.”
If you are interested in attending please contact Nicole Pointing: 020 8871 0006
Who are Home Instead:
• Home Instead Senior Care is a high- quality local home care company specializing in looking after people with dementia.
• We provide dementia care, home help, companionship, palliative care, personal care, overnight care and respite care.
• People living with dementia like routine and cannot be rushed so at Home Instead we look to send the same caregiver for every call.
• Home Instead looks after over 9000 clients and employs over 7000 Caregivers.
• Home Instead continues to be rated in the top 10 London home care companies for the fourth year running.
• Our highly trained Caregivers live in Lambeth and have extensive experience in looking after the over 65’s
CLICK HERE to go their website