Police investigating a fatal fire in Greenwich in September have now charged a sixth person with conspiracy to murder.
Emergency services were called to the fire, at Greenwich’s Centurion Square, in the early hours of Thursday, September 6.
Tragically, Memunatu Warne, a forty-six-year-old woman from Sierra Leone, died in the blaze.
Elliott Robinson, aged 21 (b. 05.05.97) from Charminster Road in Mottingham was charged on Saturday, November 3, with conspiracy murder. He will appear at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (Monday, November 5.)
Five other defendants have also appeared in court in connection with the investigation, all charged with conspiracy to murder. They are:
- Billy Smith, aged 26 (b. 26.09.92), of no fixed address, was charged on Wednesday, October 31
- Kyle Kendall, aged 27, (b.21.01.91), from Lewisham, was charged on Tuesday, October 16
- Kurtis Freeman, aged 21 (.b.06.10.97) from Steyning Grove, SE9 charged on October 10
- Matthew John, aged 19 (b.16.04.99), from Ankerdine Crescent, SE18, charged on October 10
- Martin McArdle, aged 28, (b. 23.01.90) from Dittersham Road, SE9, charged on October 10
All remain in custody and will appear at Bromley Magistrates’ Court this Thursday, November 8.
A 22-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman arrested on Tuesday, October 9, have both been bailed to return on a date in November.